Mountain CARE is a 501c3 non-profit group located in the San Bernardino Mountains, serving a region encompassing three towns. The organization wanted a website to facilitate community engagement in the following ways:
- Announce community service opportunities (e.g., graffiti cleanup, roadside trash pick-up and recycling events).
- Recruit volunteers from the community.
- Provide downloadable PDF version of the organization’s quarterly newsletter, The Bear Facts.
- Provide instructions for advertisers to place ads in The Bear Facts.
- Provide a donation form integrated with PayPal.
- Deliver the community safety service of providing current road and weather conditions from a network of web cams and weather stations.
Deliver standard features via our Blue Core CMS™ platform.
Deliver on specialized requirements (web cam network viewer components) via custom features integrated with Blue Core CMS™.
Installed and configured several IP web cameras and IP weather stations - each of which transmits its images and weather data to a central server. The website then picks up the images and weather data and formats each for display on the website.
To deliver on the wide array of requirements, we first implemented the basic features using the pre-built site components of Blue Core CMS™. The back-end components of the web cam network were then developed to run in parallel to Blue Core CMS™, while also integrating custom photo viewing components into the website so as to provide a seamless viewing experience. The end-result is one coherent website presenting a single unified browsing experience while combining back-end features from two systems; (1) Blue Core CMS™ and (2) custom web cam network components
- Responsive Design
- Informational Pages
- Web cam photo viewer components
- Web cam photo processor
- Weather data viewer components
- Web data processor
- Blue Core CMS™
- jQuery 2.x
- Bootstrap 3.x
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Custom .NET Windows Service
- ASP.NET 4.x
- SQL Server 2016 Database
- IP cameras with built-in FTP client
- IP weather stations with FTP client
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Visual Studio 2017
Built-In Website Features
Custom Website Features
On behalf of this client we researched, ordered, installed, and configured 5 IP web cams and 5 IP weather stations. The web cams and weather stations were installed in pairs in various locations in the San Bernardino Mountains.
We provide ongoing monitoring of the web cam network, and provide all hosting, management, and support services for the website.